- EZFlash III 2Gb - GBA SP - EZManager 2.22 USB drivers - EZManager 2.08 - EZPDA 1.22a
Everything seems to be working fine. No errors formatting the NAND. Uploaded and ran several backups games just fine, savegames working.
My only "error" I seem to have at the moment involves creating and deleting folders on the NAND. Maybe I goofed somewhere.
In EZManager 2.08 I used the create folder button. Then used the rename button to change the folder name to "misc". Now maybe this is where I goofed. I was under the impression EZPDA could recognize .txt and .jpg files. This is why I created the misc folder. I navigated to it and uploaded a small .txt and .jpg file (320x240).
EZManager sees everything fine but when I put the cart in my GBA and turn on EZPDA and open the folder... I am presented with a list of many random zero byte length file and folder objects with random names.
I take the cart out and put it back in the linker. EZManager sees everything fine. So I navigate into the misc folder and use the delete button to delete my two files. Then I use the previous folder button to back out then the delete folder button to delete the folder.
EZManager sees the folder as gone, however when I put the cart back in my GBA EZPDA still displays a folder object there with a random chinese character. If I attempt to navigate into it EZPDA locks up.
So long as I don't touch the "ghost" folder everything else works fine.
Anyone else encounter this? A bug, or did I miss something?
Yeah I ended up reformatting the cart. Couple things I did discover...
-Standard ASCII .txt files seem to work fine. -EZManager converts .jpg files into .bmp files when they are brought over. You can pan around images that are larger than the gameboy screen.
And something important that may have been part of the problem..
I own a couple games from the same series, in this case Mario Advance. Even though the .gba dumps are named differently, when I bring them over (I've been using compression) EZManager will rename the file based on the header and truncate it to an 8.3 filename. The problem is it gave the second ROM the exact same name as the first! In this case they were two "supermar.lz7" files of different size. I'm sure this would cause all sorts of file system problems. In fact when I went and used the delete button on one of the files, they both disappeared.
So in this case it's important to pay close attention to filenames.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum